The memorial of the victims of the Մեծ Եղեռն/ Armenian Genocide is a symbolic shrine dedicated to the victims of the 1915 Genocide. It is built in 1965 in Yerevan, on the hill of Tsitsernakaberd. The opening ceremony took place in 29 Nov., 1967. The monument was designed and created by A. Tarkhanian and S. Kalashian. Among the list of people who worked on this project is sculptor V. Khachatrian. The memorial is comprised of four parts: the slab, the wall, the pantheon, the stele. On the platform of Tsitsernakaberd, as a shrine of the victims of the genocide, lays the rectangular slab. A 100 meter long low wall is built on the edge of the slab, where they intended to carve allegoric engravings. The pantheon and stele are located at the end of the slab. The pantheon consists of 12 basalt struts, between which stairs descend to the circular floor at the centre of which is the eternal fire, where you can hear solemn melodies of mourning. On the right of the pantheon is a pyramidal column (height – 40m) – a symbol of Armenia's rebirth. It is lined with the granite of Pambak, the struts – with basalt. The architecture of the monument is quite powerful, full of conjoint deep expressions and is one of the best creations of modern Armenian architecture.